Saturday, October 22, 2011

On the issue of...

...Keeping it on the rails...

“You keeping it on the rail’s tonight big guy?” – Pretty common question received by this old chunk of coal. Most often on a Friday or Saturday evening, when I get the question on a school night the answer is most probably no.

Thing about it is, it’s a tough call. Most of the time, the decision is made before you even know it. Like yesterday...I found myself spinning around in circles in my office chair. The amount of restless energy in that cubicle is on the same level as the amount of energy found in the core of a nuclear reactor (Only difference; when I melt down the effects won’t be felt by millions, only by my bank account and liver). In hindsight, that’s when I knew the answer was no; “no I am not keeping it on the rails tonight.”

“Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and down 10 beers and 6 gin and tonics” – Shakespeare...ohhh Bill, you get me every time.

What it usually comes down to is a reason. Is there a reason to keep it on the rails? Do I need to make it into work on time tomorrow? Do I fear that if that girl see’s the real me she’ll go running for the hills faster than you can say olo? Tough call indeed. My advice; down a jager bomb, smash the glass on the ground and revel in the violence.

“You keeping it on the rails tonight big guy?”... I never had a choice.

bloggers note: I'm unaware of how nuclear energy is actually produced, I think the analogy works and if you don't like it you can kiss my olo

1 comment: